Thai Grilled Pineapple (V)
Serves 3 to 4 as a side
- 1 tablespoon Thai & True Green Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1½ teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large pineapple
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Combine the Thai & True Green Curry Paste, honey or agave, lime juice, coconut oil, and sea salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Slice the top and the bottom off of the pineapple. Stand the pineapple upright and use a sharp knife to slice off the skin from top to bottom, following the curvature of the pineapple. Keep turning and slicing the skin off the pineapple until it is clean and no dark spots remain.
- Set the pineapple on its side and slice it into ½-inch rounds. Use a paring knife or a small circular cookie cutter or lid to remove the inner core from each piece.
- Transfer the pineapple rounds to a platter and brush the tops with the green curry paste mixture.
- Lightly brush your grill grate with oil and preheat your grill to medium (about 350F degrees).
- Place the pineapple rounds directly on the hot grill, brushed side down. Close the lid and cook the pineapple until grill marks appear, about 8 minutes. Flip the pineapple rounds and brush the tops with the green curry paste mixture. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Arrange the grilled pineapple rounds on a platter. Add a squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve warm with cooked rice and your favorite veggies and protein.