Shrimp Pad Thai
- 8 ounces Pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup Thai & True Pad Thai Tamari Sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more lime wedges for serving
- Roasted peanuts, roughly chopped, for serving
- Fresh basil or Thai basil, for serving
- Soak the dry rice noodles in room temperature water for at least 1 hour. When ready, they should be bendable but still a little bit firm. Drain the noodles.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and shallot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the drained noodles to the skillet and pour in the Thai & True Pad Thai Tamari Sauce. Use tongs to toss the noodles in the sauce. Add a bit of water to the skillet and cover to steam the noodles until soft, but not mushy.
- Uncover the skillet and add the shrimp to the pan. Stir to mix the shrimp into the sauce and rice noodles and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until opaque.
- Move the shrimp and rice noodles to the side of the skillet. Pour in the eggs and let them cook for a minute before stirring the scrambled egg into the noodles and shrimp.
- Add the shredded carrot and bean sprouts to the skillet and continue to sauté and stir for another 30 seconds. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the scallions and lime juice.
- Divide the Shrimp Pad Thai between bowls and top with chopped peanuts and basil. Serve with an extra lime wedge.