Prik King Curry Noodles with Tempeh (V)
For the tempeh
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
For the Prik King curry noodles
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ¼ cup Thai & True Prik King Curry Paste
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 8 ounces baby broccoli, florets and stems cut into 1-inch pieces
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 14 ounces Thai wheat or rice noodles, prepared according to package directions
- Scallions, sliced, for serving
- Thai & True Hot Chili Oil, for serving (optional)
- Fill a small saucepan with ½-inch of water and bring it to a simmer. Add the tempeh pieces, cover the pan and steam the tempeh for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, and agave or honey in a medium-sized bowl.
- When the tempeh is done steaming, use tongs to transfer the pieces to the bowl of marinade. Toss the tempeh occasionally so all pieces are evenly coated. Marinate the tempeh for at least 30 minutes while you prep the rest of the dish.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the Thai & True Prik King Curry Paste and saute for 3 minutes more. Preheat your air fryer to 375.
- Pour the coconut milk into the skillet and whisk to blend the ginger, garlic and curry paste with the coconut milk. Bring the curry sauce to a gentle simmer.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and simmer in the curry sauce until it’s bright green and tender, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add a squeeze of lime juice. Tong the prepared noodles into the skillet and toss to combine with the broccoli and curry sauce.
- Add the tempeh pieces to your air fryer in a single layer and cook until browned and crisp around the edges, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Plate the Prik King Curry Noodles and divide the crispy tempeh between the two servings. Garnish with scallions and Thai & True Hot Chili Oil, if desired.