Prik-King Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts (V)
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Thai & True Prik-King Curry Paste
- 5 ounces of thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked, for serving
- 3 green onion, thinly sliced, for serving
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, for serving
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, place the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer so that all of the sprouts make contact with the pan.
Cook the Brussels sprouts undisturbed for 4 to 5 minutes, until nicely seared. Add the asparagus pieces to the pan and cook the veggies together for 1 minute, until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
Add the garlic, shallot, Thai & True Prik-King Curry Paste, and tamari or soy sauce to the skillet and stir to combine everything together. Continue to stir-fry the ingredients for 2 to 3 minutes more. Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, if using.
Serve the Prik-King Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts over cooked jasmine rice. Garnish with green onion and sliced almonds.
By: Kate Kasbee from Well Vegan