Coconut Curry Tofu Skewers (V)
Serves 2 to 3
For the marinade
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
For the skewers
- 1 16oz package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
In a medium-sized prep bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste, lime juice, agave or maple syrup, and low sodium soy sauce. Adjust the flavors to taste.
Cut the drained and pressed tofu into 1-inch cubes and place them in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the tofu and set aside, flipping the tofu pieces occasionally. You can marinate the tofu for as little as 30 minutes, but the longer you can marinate the stronger the flavor will be. Save extra marinade for serving.
Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Thread the tofu, bell pepper, and onion onto the skewers and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the skewers with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place the skewers in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Turn the skewers over and brush with the marinade. Roast for another 20 to 30 minutes, until the tofu is golden and the veggies are lightly charred.
Divide the Coconut Curry Tofu Skewers between plates and top with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve with cooked jasmine rice and the reserved marinade, for drizzling.
Tip: Soak your bamboo skewers for a few minutes or run them under water for 30 seconds so they don’t burn in the oven.