Crispy Potato and Brussels Sprout Hash
Serves 3 to 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound russet potatoes, diced into small cubes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- A few twists of black pepper
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 leek, sliced into rounds (white and light green parts)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 Eggs
- Scallions, sliced, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes and season with sea salt and black pepper. Stir to coat the potatoes in the oil, then use your spatula to press the potatoes into the bottom of the pan. Leave the potatoes undisturbed for several minutes. When the potatoes are crispy on the bottom, stir, press, and repeat until they are crispy on all sides, about 20 minutes total.
- Add the shredded Brussels sprouts to the skillet along with the sliced leeks, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir to combine the veggies with the seasonings and repeat the process you used with the potatoes, until the leeks and Brussels sprouts are lightly crisped, about 15 minutes more.
- To make this a one-pan recipe, use your spatula to move the potatoes and Brussels sprouts aside, making space for the eggs. Add a touch of oil to the bottom of each space where the pan is visible and crack the eggs into the spaces, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook until the eggs are set, covering the skillet if necessary.
- For crispy fried eggs, simply fry the eggs in a separate pan and serve them on top of the Crispy Brussels Sprout Hash. Sprinkle the entire dish with sliced scallions and splash with Thai & True Sarachee Hot Sauce. Enjoy warm.