Green Curry Fried Rice with Shrimp
Serves 2 to 3
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, divided
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai & True Green Curry Paste
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups day-old cooked rice
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- Fresh Thai basil or sweet basil, for serving
- Heat the neutral oil in a wok or a large, deep-sided skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side, until opaque and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the carrot and bell pepper to the hot skillet and season with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, shallot, and Thai & True Green Curry Paste to the skillet and stir to coat the veggies with the aromatics. Add the frozen peas to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Push the veggies to the side and add the beaten eggs to the pan. Allow them to sit for a minute or so, then drag your spatula through the egg to shred and scramble. Mix the scrambled egg in with the cooked vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet along with the soy sauce. Stir everything together, then press the rice into an even layer. Cook the fried rice undisturbed for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir and repeat until the rice is as crispy as you’d like.
- Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet and stir to heat it through. Turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Divide the Green Curry Fried Rice with Shrimp between plates and garnish with Thai basil or sweet basil. Enjoy warm.