Ramen Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing (V)
Serves 6 to 8 as a side salad
- 1 8-oz bag of shredded red cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 1 10-oz bag of shredded green cabbage (about 5 cups)
- ½ 10-oz bag of shredded carrot (about 2½ cups)
- 1 bunch of scallions, dark and light green parts sliced diagonally (about 1 cup)
- 2 3-ounce packages of ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 1 cup roasted sunflower seed kernels
- ¾ cup Thai & True Peanut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Big squeeze of lime juice
- Combine the shredded cabbage and carrot in a large bowl with the sliced scallions.
- Use your hands to break up the blocks of dry ramen noodles into small pieces. Or, roughly chop the ramen noodles with a sharp knife. Transfer the ramen noodle pieces to the bowl with the shredded and sliced veggies. Add the sunflower seed kernels to the bowl and mix everything together.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the Thai & True Peanut Sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, neutral oil, agave, and salt. Whisk together with a fork and adjust the ingredients to your preference. The dressing should be very flavorful and tangy.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add a big squeeze of lime juice and toss the salad again. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.