Red Curry Noodle Soup (V)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, grated or minced
3 tablespoons Thai and True Red Curry Paste
- 1 13.5-ounce can of coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon mushroom bouillon powder + 2 cups water (or 2 cups of vegetable broth) 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 260 grams (9 ounces) cooked rice noodles or ramen noodles
- Chopped green onion and cilantro, for serving
Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and onion and season with salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and Thai and True Red Curry Paste to the pot and continue to sauté for 2 minutes more.
Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into the soup pot. Add 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of mushroom bouillon powder (or 2 cups of vegetable broth) and stir to combine.
Bring the soup to a rapid simmer, then add the red bell pepper and brown sugar. Lower the heat slightly to maintain a gentle simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir the remaining coconut milk, baby bok choy, and lime juice into the soup. Adjust the flavors to taste.
Divide the cooked noodles between two bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles and garnish with chopped green onion and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy warm.
By Kate Kasbee from Well Vegan