Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Curry Yogurt Sauce (V)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 8 scallions, sliced diagonally (green parts only)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Olive oil, for frying
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- ½ cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste
- ¼ teaspoon agave
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- Handful of cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Shred the peeled sweet potatoes on a box grater and collect the shreds in a large bowl. Fill the bowl with cold water and swish the sweet potato around. Drain the water and rinse the sweet potato shreds again until the water runs clear.
- Transfer the sweet potato to a tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Lay the sweet potato shreds flat to air dry on the towel for 5 minutes.
- Return the dry sweet potato to the mixing bowl and add the scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, and all purpose flour. Stir to combine.
- Preheat your oven to 200F degrees and place a wire cooling rack on top of a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil in a cast iron skillet and turn to medium-high heat. When hot, add a ¼ cup scoop of the sweet potato mixture to the skillet and press flat with a spatula. Add another pile of sweet potato to the skillet if there’s enough space. Cook the hash browns for 3 to 4 minutes before flipping them over and cooking on the other side. Transfer the crispy hash browns to the wire cooling rack.
- Continue to cook the hash browns, working in batches until you’ve used up the sweet potato mixture and the wire cooling rack is full. Pop it in the oven to keep the hash browns warm until you’re ready to eat.
- To make the curry yogurt sauce, scoop the non-dairy yogurt into a bowl and add the Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste, agave, lime zest, and sea salt. Stir to combine and adjust the flavors to taste.
- Serve the sweet potato hash browns warm with curry yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
By: Kate Kasbee from Well Vegan