Sweet & Spicy Mango Fried Rice (V)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped, light green and dark green parts separated 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Thai & True Hot Chili Oil, plus more for serving 3 cups cooked jasmine rice, cooled
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cucumber, sliced, for serving
Heat the toasted sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and light green parts of the scallions and saute for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, coconut sugar, and Thai & True Hot Chili Oil in a small bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour the mixture into the wok or skillet and cook 1 minute more.
Add the jasmine rice to the wok or skillet and turn up the heat to high. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid and is beginning to crisp on the edges.
When the rice is nearly done, add the mango, jalapeño, and dark green parts of the scallions to the wok or skillet and continue to cook over high heat for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Divide the sweet & spicy mango fried rice between plates and top with fresh cilantro.
Serve with sliced cucumber and a side of extra Thai & True Hot Chili Oil.
By Kate Kasbee from Well Vegan