Vegetable Potstickers with Sweet Hot Chili Sauce (V)
Makes 24 potstickers
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 scallions, finely chopped (light and dark green parts separated)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1½ cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or Thai & True Hot Chili Oil)
- ¼ cup water
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Thai & True Sweet Hot Chili Sauce, for serving
- Grate or finely chop the fresh ginger and garlic. Slice the scallions and separate the light and dark green parts. Chop the mushrooms and shred the carrot and cabbage.
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the light green parts of the scallions to the skillet along with the mushroom, carrot, cabbage, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Continue to sauté until the veggies are soft and most of the liquid has cooked off, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Fill a small bowl with water and have your veggie filling and wonton wrappers nearby. Add a tablespoon of veggies to the middle of a wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in the bowl of water and run it along all four edges of the wonton wrapper. Lift the corners so all four corners meet in the middle and pinch the edges together to seal. Repeat with the remaining veggies and wonton wrappers.
- Heat another tablespoon of sesame oil (or Thai & True Hot Chili Oil for a spicy kick!) over medium-high heat. When hot, add the potstickers in a single layer with the flat side down. You may need to work in batches so that each potsticker makes contact with the hot pan. Sear the potstickers until browned and crispy on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the potstickers over and lightly sear on the other side.
- Add ¼ cup of water to the pan and quickly cover with a lid. Steam the potstickers for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Transfer the vegetable potstickers to a serving platter and top with sesame seeds and the dark green parts of the scallions. Serve with Thai & True Sweet Hot Chili Sauce for dipping.
By: Kate Kasbee from Well Vegan