Yellow Curry Corn Chowder
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced (light green and white parts separated from the dark green)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Thai chili or a small jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 3 tablespoons Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste
- 1½ gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 ears sweet corn, cut from the cob (about 3 cups, plus more for garnish)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14-oz. can of coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the light green and white parts of the scallions along with the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the Thai chili or jalapeño, red bell pepper, and Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes, until the peppers have softened slightly.
- Add the potato, half of the corn, and the vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cover and continue to simmer until the potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the can of coconut milk and the remaining corn in a high-speed blender and blend until mostly smooth and creamy.
- Pour the blended corn and coconut milk into the simmering soup and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Once the potato is tender and the chowder has thickened, turn off the heat. Stir in the dark green parts of the scallions and add a pinch more salt if needed.
- Ladle the chowder into soup bowls and garnish with the reserved corn. Enjoy warm.