Thai Yellow Curry with Fish
- 2 cod filets (about 1 pound), skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (we used zucchini and bell pepper)
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 14-oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Cilantro, for serving
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Combine the cod pieces and 2 tablespoons of Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste in a bowl and mix to coat the cod in the curry paste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the coated fish pieces to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chopped vegetables and red onion to the skillet along with the remaining tablespoon of Thai & True Yellow Curry Paste and stir to coat the veggies in the curry paste.
- Pour the can of coconut milk into the skillet and add the coconut sugar or brown sugar and the fish sauce. Stir to combine all of the flavors and adjust the heat to reach a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer the curry for another 5 to 7 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender. If using a sturdier vegetable like potato or sweet potato, cook separately and stir into the curry when fork tender.
- Remove the curry from heat and stir in the lime juice. Season with salt and adjust the flavors according to your preference.
- To serve, spoon the yellow curry over cooked rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.