Red Curry Noodle Soup (V)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 3 tablespoons Thai and True Red Curry Paste
- 1 13.5-ounce can of coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon mushroom bouillon powder + 2 cups water (or 2 cups of vegetable broth)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 260 grams (9 ounces) cooked rice noodles or ramen noodles
- Chopped green onion and cilantro, for serving
- Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and onion and season with salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Thai and True Red Curry Paste to the pot and continue to sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into the soup pot. Add 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of mushroom bouillon powder (or 2 cups of vegetable broth) and stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a rapid simmer, then add the red bell pepper and brown sugar. Lower the heat slightly to maintain a gentle simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir the remaining coconut milk, baby bok choy, and lime juice into the soup. Adjust the flavors to taste.
- Divide the cooked noodles between two bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles and garnish with chopped green onion and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy warm.
By: Kate Kasbee from Well Vegan